The Fund for Academic Renewal (FAR), a program of the American Council of Trustees and Alumni (ACTA), seeks a program manager. FAR furthers ACTA’s mission by assisting higher education donors in making gifts that foster academic freedom, excellence, and accountability at U.S. colleges and universities.
FAR is significantly expanding its programming over the next year. As only the second full-time FAR staff member, the program manager will have the opportunity to be involved in this effort at every level, from helping to formulate brand-new FAR programs for college donors to the nitty-gritty of event planning and execution. An appreciation for the importance of philanthropy in American civil society and an interest in higher education reform are essential for success in this position.
The program manager is expected to be personable, dynamic, well organized, highly motivated, detail oriented, and principled. The highest degree of personal responsibility, accountability, and honesty is expected.
- Helping to plan a June 2017 conference for college faculty members and other events.
- Drafting content for the FAR newsletter and other publications.
- Researching current and prospective college donors, as well as wealth advisers and others who guide philanthropic decisions of high-net-worth individuals.
- Researching collegiate programs and faculty that are potential recipients of grants.
- Taking primary responsibility for the prompt and accurate recording and acknowledgment of correspondence with FAR clients and donations to FAR.
- Building out the FAR Salesforce database (training provided for those without previous Salesforce experience).
Candidates must possess a four-year undergraduate degree and 2–4 years of work experience; a passion for higher education reform and the role of philanthropy in civil society; strong attention to detail; clear and grammatical writing; and proficiency with MS Word and Excel. Experience using Salesforce or other constituent databases is preferred but not required. Compensation will be based on experience. ACTA provides an excellent benefits package, including generous paid time off, medical insurance, and a commuter benefit.
Email cover letter, resume, references, and a writing sample of approximately 500 words to Nick Barden at email@example.com.