The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is the premier not-for-profit organization for women's health care. Comprised of over 58,000 physician-members who are experts in women's health care, ACOG provides to its members the highest quality education opportunities, practice-oriented resources, research, advocacy, and organizational support. With headquarters located in S.W. Washington, DC, we provide a positive, supportive work environment, excellent benefits and so much more! To learn more about our organization, please visit us at www.acog.org.
The College is currently seeking a Continuing Medical Education (CME) Specialist to support the Continuing Processional Development Department to organize and facilitate the retention of continuing medical education documentation required for accreditation. The Specialist will also handle ACOG Jointly Provided programs.
* Manages all aspects of jointly provided activities for approximately 70 jointly provided CME programs under ACOG's accreditation. Reviews and approves jointly provided program applications in cooperation with the Committee on Continuing Medical Education. Monitor income and expense budgets for joint providership. Deposits income from jointly provided programs.
* Maintains the ACOG database for approximately 70 jointly provided programs.
* Ensures compliance with the accreditation guidelines. Supplies written summary of evaluation data to the non-accredited partner.
* Monitors compliance of joint provided activities with the Standards for Commercial Support according to ACCME and ACOG Policy. Oversees faculty disclosure of conflict of interest.
* Applies for grants for jointly provided programs. Prepares letters of agreement (LOA) between ACOG and industry for educational grants.
* Maintains CME webpage on ACOG website.
* Reviews syllabi material for jointly provided programs
* Keeps abreast of state and ACCME requirements to structure the Cognate Program to accommodate the continuing medical education needs of members participating in the Program.
* Reviews and researches transcripts of CME activity to answer inquiries from participating physicians.
* Interprets, edits, and enters cognate data into the computer. Researches questionable entries and composes correspondence.
* Prepares and mails all ACM certificates upon request.
* Reviews syllabi material for ACOG Annual Meeting and Annual District Meetings
* Collects and reviews disclosure forms
* Assists with preparation of the Annual Committee on Continuing Medical Education (CCME) Meetin
* Proof reads department materials, prepares meeting minutes, maintains expense report database, and other duties as assigned by supervisor
* Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of relevant experience; CME certification preferred
* A self-directed and motivated individual, able to work without close supervision
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Possess editorial skills and be able to work accurately
* Ability to perform detailed work under strict deadline requirements
* Ability to organize and prioritize workflow, working on several assignments from different sources
* Experienced in computer applications/Microsoft Word/Excel/POWERPoint/Publisher, Internet, and Website applications