The Investment Company Institute is the national trade association of U.S. investment companies. Founded in 1940, ICI seeks to encourage adherence to high ethical standards, promote public understanding, and advance the interests of funds, their shareholders, directors, and advisers.
We currently have an opening for a Meeting Planner in our Conferences department.
As a member of the Conferences department team that supports the successful execution of ICI’s conferences and events, the Meeting Planner will provide logistical planning for one day conferences and manage all in-house meetings and external committee meetings in support of ICI’s internal clients on approximately 10-12 conferences per year ranging in size from 75-1400 persons, as well as approximately 50 small committee meetings ranging from 10-75 persons.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Act as the primary conferences contact with internal client in supporting meeting planning for ICI’s 4-6 one day conferences.
- Manage logistics for one day conferences to include event timelines and budgets, hotel and vendor contracts, rooming lists, event orders, production, on-site staffing, and processing invoices.
- Maintain ICI conference room calendar and in-house meeting space request process, coordinate banquet staff schedules, and maintain equipment and beverage supplies.
- Coordinate logistical needs with internal client for in-house and off-site committee meetings to include negotiating hotel room blocks, contracting catering, arranging restaurant dinners, and processing invoices.
- Act as primary conferences contact to assist member companies with reserving facilities and planning a meeting at ICI.
- Provide conference department and administrative support in other areas, such as registration and telephone and email, as directed by Senior Director, Conferences.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid understanding of meeting planning.
- Strong project management, organizational and analytical skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work well with various constituencies, including Institute members, non-members, staff, external suppliers, and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects; ability to respond to shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and to be self-motivated and proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Must be flexible and able to travel and to work overtime.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of directly related experience in event planning.
ICI offers competitive salary, excellent benefits, and is conveniently located next to Metro. Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. EOE.