APIC Consulting Services is searching for a Director of Business Development who will be the primary driver of business development for APIC Consulting’s standard business line activities. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the incumbent will successfully grow the current APIC Consulting standard lines of business, and develop new project lines to meet our mission-based work of providing infection prevention and control expertise to enhance patient safety.
The position engages clients, develops proposals, negotiates contracts, and ensures a steady pipeline of revenue through marketing and relationship building. The Director will focus primarily on sales and new business development, and will supervise the project manager to ensure that project goals, schedules, contractual obligations, and budgets are met.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area plus 5-7 years of proven, successful business development experience. Master’s degree is preferred. In addition, the candidate will have:
- Experience in developing and executing new lines of business.
- Experience in establishing and managing strong client relationships.
- Entrepreneurial and strategic thinking with ability to turn market research and business intelligence into revenue streams.
- General knowledge of the healthcare industry.
Other requirements include:
- Knowledge of business development principles with proven success in securing 7-digit gross revenues on an annual basis
- Advanced computer and database skills required (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to organize at a strategic level, and develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints, and resource availability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proofreading and editing skills are essential.
- Excellent negotiating skills, with the ability to make clear and convincing presentations to individuals or groups
- Experience with events management
- Competence with financial management and budgeting, and ability to read financial reports
- High level of integrity and personal accountability.
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 5% of the time.
APIC Consulting offers a comprehensive benefits program with vacation and sick leave, medical, dental, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plans, commuter subsidy, and a generous 401(k) Roth and regular retirement plan. APIC Consulting offers up to two days per week teleworking following the completion of one year of employment.
Our building offers free amenities to tenants including a fully equipped fitness facility, furnished rooftop terrace, conference center, and a game room with ping pong, fooz ball, air hockey, vending machines and television.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: Employment@apic.org