- For both the Legal and International Departments:
- Prepare travel/briefing books including resourcing and draft itinerary.
- Assists with correspondence and with scheduling meetings and conference calls with internal and external constituents (clients, committees, outside counsel and others.)
- Responsible for travel planning, including international travel, and expense reporting.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and presentation materials for the Board of Directors, Leadership Team and other groups.
- Takes notes for international and legal meetings and conference calls, assists in drafting summaries.
- Assists Finance with corporate credit card consolidation.
- Assists with special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Opens and maintains legal files on all legal matters and maintains and matter management system (Excel); extracts periodic reports on the status of legal matters.
- Oversees budget variance analysis and reports for International Department.
- Processes all invoices and related matters for staff and offices in Hong Kong & Beijing China.
- Assists the General Counsel and Legal Department staff in tracking and managing workflow and communicating with organizational clients and outside counsel on pending projects.
- Reviews invoices from outside counsel and enters all billings – by matter – in Legal Expense Tracking spreadsheet.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Occasional participation in international conference calls outside of normal U.S. business hours.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will considered)
- Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years in a similar role
- Fluency in languages other than English would be desirable
- Prior experience supporting a legal department or function would be desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of office automation programs. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES including competencies that may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- High level of professionalism and customer service orientation.
WORK ENVIRONMENT (environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job).
- Basic office environment.
- Periodic late night or early morning conference calls in order to communicate with volunteers and committees in different time zones (e.g. Asia)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES AND COORDINATION required to perform the functions of this job.
JOB RELATED CONTACTS
- SOA staff and leadership.
- Outside vendors.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB (may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment.
- Personal computer and printer.
PHYSICAL ABILITES that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Requires a high level of concentration
- Requires long periods of time on computer work
It is the policy of the SOA to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, pregnancy status, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, physical or mental disability (including persons infected with HIV or persons with AIDS), military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local law.