The primary purpose of the position is to provide biotechnology industry information and support for the Member Services team. The individual will monitor companies' businesses, product pipelines, impactful news, and executive management structures, collated from industry publications, websites, and SEC filings, with extensive detail. In addition to collecting this information, this individual will enter it into BIO’s membership database to maintain current, high-quality data to be used in membership recruitment, retention, and customer service. Significant research, data analysis, data management, and data cleansing is required on a daily basis.
Equally important for this position will be the forecasting and tracking of dues revenue to help inform the team on membership trends and drive strategic decisions. To supplement the dues revenue forecasting, this person will provide customized data reports to department staff, and assist staff as needed with developing reports. Reporting may include member status, company revenue, location, and therapeutic focus. In addition, this employee will work with other departments on an as-needed basis to fulfill specific research requests and monitor data integrity.
- Evaluate and categorize member and non-member demographic data using publicly-available resources (such as annual filings/10Ks, Yahoo/Google Finance, company websites, etc.).
- Develop and keep current corporate profiles for BIO member companies and recruits.
- Manage non-member recruitment data and organize/prioritize prospect lists, including database of nationwide recruits, and maintain contact tracking as needed.
- Identify and thoughtfully suggest recruitment/retention targets based on various factors including BIO staff travel and/or retention concerns.
- Provide pertinent details for comprehensive company background memos on key prospects for staff to utilize during recruitment/retention meetings.
- Manage membership dues forecast model and associated membership database.
- Monitor and process membership joins, renewals, and drops. Identify trends within each segment. In cooperation with BIO’s finance team, track and report dues revenue on a monthly basis.
- Analyze and devise data synergies with the association’s database systems.
- Monitor membership development metrics to analyze program effectiveness. Implement and integrate association-wide data into an effective tool for membership retention and recruitment purposes.
- Supervise internal committee management system for BIO staff. Use membership data to analyze system effectiveness and prioritize retention targets.
- Monitor various news outlets for noteworthy accomplishments regarding member companies and top recruits.
- Compile and report on e-mail marketing statistics.
- Update and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for data management.
- Represent BIO at industry conferences as necessary.
- Assist with general membership inquiries as needed.
- Strong analytical skills, with acute attention to detail and logical, critical thinking.
- Experience with large & complex data sets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) with an emphasis on Excel.
- Proficiency with association management system (AMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) software. Experience with Personify and/or Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to conduct detailed and thorough research on business financials and trends.
- Strategic thinker that is ethical, leads by example, and is comfortable working in teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as strong oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with life sciences industry a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree (ideally Business/Finance)
- 5 years of experience required
- Experience in association and/or biotechnology industry a plus
We offer a competitive benefits package. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Biotechnology Innovation Organization Human Resources Department 1201 Maryland Avenue, SW Suite 900 Washington, DC 20024 Phone: 202.962.9200 Fax: 202.488.6308 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org