The Society of Interventional Radiology has an exciting role open on its Meetings Team. SIR is looking for candidates that enjoy planning and executing in-person and virtual meetings, with the ability to manage all details of the process. SIR’s Annual Meeting is a major component of the value we deliver to our members and the Meetings Coordinator is integral to that value proposition. This role will provide an opportunity to further develop project management skills; ranging from hotel or venue bookings, speaker management and coordination of member committee meetings.
The Meetings Coordinator will work for the Director of Meetings Operations and with cross-functional colleagues to support the execution of all meetings for the Society. They will be assisting with the organizing, planning, preparation and the execution of all on-site, virtual and hybrid conferences and events.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Coordinate all aspects of conferences, meetings, and events (pre-planning, onsite execution, and post event follow up and evaluation)
· Coordinate travel, lodging, and expenses for participants traveling to meetings or other business travel
· Serve as the staff liaison to the Annual Meeting registration and housing vendor, to include managing the SIR room block and VIP housing list
· Partner with convention center, hotel(s) and/or online platform to serve as the point of contact to oversee and coordinate all facility functions and needs to include meeting room setup, audiovisual setup, and food and beverage selection and setup
· Maintain the SIR Annual Meeting website, as directed
· Assist the efforts of the physician-led Annual Meeting Program Committee; to include the preparation and dissemination of bi-weekly conference call agendas, supporting materials and minutes for committees and staff
· Maintain SIR events within SIR’s mobile app in preparation for conferences
Secondary Functions and Responsibilities
· Serve as the staff attendee liaison, including international attendees
· Solicit and track faculty and leadership expense reports
· Review all meeting invoices and charge events directly to individual cost centers
· Execute all corporate space requests for meetings
· Assist internal staff to coordinate the committee meeting schedule and logistical needs
· Serve as main liaison to external groups that meet in conjunction with SIR meetings
· Assist with preparation, day-of-event execution, closing out, and follow-up of virtual events on various platforms.
· Collaborate with other members of the SIR Team including Education, Corporate Relations, Membership, Marketing, and Communications
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Extremely organized with excellent time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, track details, and ensure timely and accurate results
· Capable of identifying, implementing, monitoring and executing work plans to all assigned activities: goals and objectives
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, relational databases and web applications
· Excellent customer service, problem solving, and judgement skills
· CMS/LMS/AMS knowledge a plus
· Cadmium knowledge a plus
· Virtual/online meeting experience a plus
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of two (2) years of successful demonstrated work experience and/or education program implementation preferred. Experience in a member-based organization a plus.
· 2+ years’ experience in meeting management including experience working with faculty
· Experience in the development and implementation of education programs highly desired
About Society of Interventional Radiology
The Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) is a thriving professional medical society dedicated to optimizing patient care and improving lives through minimally invasive, image-guided treatments. Located in Fairfax, Virginia, SIR represents one of the most innovative, exciting and competitive specialties in medicine today.
SIR is a 501(c)(6) professional association that supports more than 8,100 interventional radiology physicians, trainees, medical students, scientists and clinical professionals. SIR is also comprised of SIR’s 501(c)(3) Foundation, which focuses on research and fundraising to advance the future of interventional radiology. Together SIR and SIR Foundation have nearly 50 staff, combined annual revenues of $12.6 million, and assets of nearly $17 million.